2017 Annual Conference
CONFERENCE REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
ONSITE REGISTRATION WILL BE AVAILABLE
PLEASE CHECK IN AT THE REGISTRATION DESK LOCATED IN THE GRAND BALLROOM FOYER
CMUA’s 85th Annual Conference
March 28-30, 2017
Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa
5480 Grand Pacific Drive
Carlsbad, California 90028
- Important legislative updates and analyses on action in Washington, D.C. and Sacramento
- The future of Community Choice Aggregation, and how it is transforming the energy industry
- Tour of the state-of-the-art Carlsbad Desalination Plant
- Water and Climate: California’s Path Forward
- How the “Internet of Things” is revolutionizing customer expectations
- What Can We Learn? Israel’s Water Past, Presented and Future
- Lance Allred, former NBA player and best-selling author on the “5 Principles of Perseverance”
- Special meetings for water managers, utility managers, attorneys, Irrigation Districts, and legislative and regulatory staff
- Many opportunities to network with industry peers and professionals
- Resource Efficiency & Community Service Awards
- Charity Golf Tournament
MEET THE SPEAKERS
Ben Bixby, GM, Energy & Safety, Nest Labs – Meet Ben Here
- Utility & Associate Member Registration Fee ~ $760
- Non-Member Registration Fee ~ $985
- Guest Registration Fee* ~ $150
- Water Managers’ Breakfast Ticket ~ $45
- Electric Managers’ Breakfast Ticket ~ $45
- Golf Tournament – Utility Member ~ $70
- Golf Tournament – Associate & Non-Member ~ $140
Conference registration rates include all meetings, events and meals with the exception of the Water Managers’ and Electric Managers’ Breakfasts and the Wally Duncan Memorial Golf Tournament (separate registration fees apply). Guest registration includes all meals and events with the same exceptions.
*Guest registration applies to spouse or significant other of member or non-member utility, water agency, public agency, supplier or vendor. May not be used towards registration for utility/water agency personnel.
INTERESTED IN BEING A SPONSOR? – Download sponsorship opportunities here
How to Purchase Your CMUA Annual Meeting Sponsorship Package
- Review sponsorship opportunities and select the option that best fits your needs and budget.
- Visit the CMUA Annual Meeting registration page at http://cmua.org/2017-annual-conference/ and select your sponsorship level.
- When prompted, enter your information as the ticket buyer and include payment information.
- Under “Ticket 1” enter full contact information for the main representative attending the conference for your company.
- Click the “Pay Now” button and you will receive a cofirmation of the sponsorship package purchase and your first representative’s conference registration.
- CMUA will be notified of the sponsorship purchase and you will be contacted via email for the information on any remaining complimentary registrations included in your package.
- If you are not contacted by a CMUA representative within 1 (one) business day, please contact our office at 916-326-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
CONFERENCE HOTEL ~ Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa Conference Rate is $189 single/double. Resort fees and self-parking fees have been waived as part of our negotiated rate. Valet parking is $18 per day. Additional fees include 8% Sales Tax and 10% Transient Occupancy Tax. Guest room Wi-Fi, 24-hour access to fitness center and pool, and in-room Starbucks coffee are included in negotiated room rate. Reserve your room here.
CARLSBAD DESALINATION PLANT TOUR ~ A behind-the-scenes tour of the Carlsbad Desalination Plant, the nation’s largest seawater desalination plant, will be provided for conference attendees. The facility recently celebrated its one-year anniversary. If you are interested in taking part in this special guided tour, please be sure to pre-register. All participants must wear closed-toe shoes, bring a photo ID and register in advance due to security protocols for the plant. No onsite registration will be be available due to plant security requirements.
WALLY DUNCAN MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT ~ Join us on Tuesday, March 28 for this annual charity event which supports a local organization in need. Advance registration is required. More information below.
WEDNESDAY’S KEYNOTE LUNCHEON SPEAKER: Gilad Cohen, CEO, IDE Americas, Inc., a world leader in water treatment solutions. Israel-based IDE specializes in the development, engineering, construction and operation of enhanced desalination and industrial water treatment plants including the Carlsbad Desalination Plant. IDE was also named to Fortune magazine’s “Change the World” list in 2016. Check out information on this accomplishment at Change the World.
THURSDAY’S KEYNOTE LUNCHEON SPEAKER: Lance Allred, former NBA Basketball player and Best-Selling Author. Learn more about Lance here.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE ~ The current conference agenda is available below for download and will be updated as more information is available. Check out the latest schedule here.
RESOURCE EFFICIENCY & COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARDS ~ This year, we will be recognizing the Resource Efficiency & Community Service Award Recipients during the Awards Dinner on Wednesday, March 29 at 7:00 pm. After dinner entertainment will be provided by Don McMillan, Comedian, “Technically Funny”
DOWNLOAD CURRENT AGENDA
RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM today by visiting the Starwood CMUA hotel reservation website at ROOM RESERVATIONS or call the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort & Spa at (888) 627-8134 and mention the California Municipal Utilities Association Group. Conference Room Rate $189 single/double. Resort fees ($14 per day) and self parking fees ($12 per day) have been waived as part of our negotiated rate. Valet parking is $18 per day. Additional fees include 8% Sales Tax and 10% Transient Occupancy Tax. Included without additional costs are guest room wi-fi, 24-hour access to fitness center and pool, and in-room Starbucks coffee.
WEDNESDAY’S KEYNOTE LUNCHEON SPEAKER
What Can We Learn? Israel’s Water, Past, Present and Future, Gilad Cohen, CEO, IDE Americas, Inc., a world leader in water treatment solutions. Israel-based IDE specializes in the development, engineering, construction and operation of enhanced desalination and industrial water treatment plants including the Carlsbad Desalination Facility. IDE was also recently named to Fortune magazine’s “Change the World” list. Join us for this informative and innovative presentation. As a supplement to the program, please be sure to check out the behind-the scenes tour of the Carlsbad Desalination plant offered to conference attendees only on Tuesday, March 28. Further details are listed below under the Events section.
THURSDAY KEYNOTE LUNCHEON SPEAKER
5 Principles of Perseverance, Lance Allred, Former NBA Player, Salt Lake City, UT ~ Lance Allred will take you along his path of life, through his trauma and challenges since being near death at birth to hearing impairment, to limitations constantly placed on him, to battling OCD, to facing adversity and resistance on his path of basketball towards becoming the first deaf player in the National Basketball Association. Through it all – difficult family circumstances, disability, tough living and working conditions, Lance persevered with excellence. Lance will provide a fresh perspective and applicable tools on persistence and overcoming obstacles, allowing you to alleviate the frustrations that arise within teams due to worn out and archaic notions. You will leave more equipped to be the leader you are destined to be, to persist, and get the most out of your team and yourself. Watch a video on Lance here.
SOLD OUT! – CARLSBAD DESALINATION PLANT TOUR – MONDAY, MARCH 28 ~ 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Join us for a behind-the-scenes tour of the Carlsbad Desalination Plant, a 50 million gallon per day per year seawater desalination plant located adjacent to the Encina Power Station in Carlsbad. The tour will take place on Tuesday, March 28 at 10:00 am. Round-trip transportation is generously being provided by the Sheraton Carlsbad. Participants must register in advance, wear closed-toe shoes and must have a photo ID. Please be sure to add the tour to your registration for the conference. Onsite registrations will NOT be available. Want information on the plant and tour in advance? Download here.
WALLY DUNCAN MEMORIAL GOLF TOURNAMENT – TUESDAY, MARCH 28 ~ 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Join us for a day on the greens at the 2017 Wally Duncan Memorial Golf Tournament at The Crossings at Carlsbad Golf Course conveniently located next to the Sheraton Carlsbad Resort. Please be sure to register in advance. Once we receive your registration fees, we will prepare the team pairings and notify you in advance who you will be playing with. As a reminder, The Crossings does not allow denim, T-shirts or metal spikes. Registration fees for the tournament are $70 for utility and water agency members and $140 for non-members and Associate Members. Registration includes greens fees, golf cart rental, bag handling and lunch.